Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lead Me

As Paul writes to the Ephesians, he tells husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church (Eph. 5:22 ff). He admonishes husbands to be “the head of the wife.” Paul goes on to explain that this is not a position to lord over your wife but a position of leadership. Have you considered how many functions your head performs? Thinking comes from the head; as does seeing, hearing and eating. As a leader of a household, you are responsible for making wise, godly decisions and looking out for the well-being of your family. You are also responsible for listening to the concerns of others and providing a strong, spiritual foundation for your family.

There is a contemporary Christian song by Sanctus Real called “Lead Me” that depicts a very strong attitude of leadership. The final bridge and chorus of the song says, “So Father, give me the strength /To be everything I am called to be /Oh, Father, show me the way /To lead them/Won’t you lead me? /To lead them with strong hands /To stand up when they can’t /Don’t want to leave them hungry for love /Chasing dreams that I could give up /I’ll show them I’m willing to fight /And give them the best of my life /So we can call this our home /Lead me, ‘cause I can’t do this alone.”

The ability to lead a household or a church comes from God. How is your relationship with the Father? And, are you allowing God to lead you so that you can lead your family?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Bryan for being such a good leader in
    song,example, and enthusiastic Christianity. You are a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete